Thursday, July 16, 2009

Bounteous Harvest

Gardening continues. New rows of peas are in as we speak and I'm doing my winter veggie starters this afternoon. Our garden in overflowing! I'll have to take some pictures as soon as I can find the charger for my camera (or borrow my hubby's). It's insane, you'll see nothing but a colossal wall of green. You'd never know that there are 18-24 inch spaces between rows.

We are currently picking peas, spinach, carrots, beets, zucchini, leeks and raspberries. This week we'll add beans to the list.

The pumpkins and squash are going nuts though the watermelons aren't really doing anything, it's odd. Cantaloupes seem to be doing something but not sure what as they've been covered by the pumpkins. Speaking of which, I'm going to build a series of saw horses to raise the pumpkins off the ground because they're seriously squashing everything around them (no pun intended).

Today Chris has his final kayaking lesson and his exam to see if he can pass the Paddle Canada Level 1 course. He's really apprehensive about doing the eskimo rescues because he says it goes against his nature to deliberately capsize his kayak and stay under the water waiting for somebody to rescue you. He'd much rather just release his skirt and wet exit or better yet not capsize in the first place. I'll let you know how it goes.

Today in the garden I've got to water in the new row of peas and just see what else needs some work. The peas and beans are producing so fast that I'll probably need to be out harvesting everyday next week so I should stock up on freezer bags.

Work continues to be slow. Really have to get advertising in a hurry. Something to work on this weekend. The website is at least working though and is almost finished as far as content goes. It's at www.novaappliance.com so check it out!
Gotta run!

Elizabeth

No comments: